Sunday, April 19, 2026

A busy weekend

Oh boy was this weekend busy.  It just so happens that the culmination of dance and choir all landed on top of each other, but fortunately not at the same time.  Monica and Winry had their MCO choir concert on Friday night, and Brooke had another dance competition on Saturday.  There wasn't a picture of everyone doing their thing together, so I picked to start off with a picture of Winry singing (and maybe Monica in the background) since it's Winry's first time doing choir, we'll highlight the new!


Speaking of new, the girls got braces this week.  Their expanders are still in and holding things in place, but they got braces on something like the first 6 teeth in front.  So there's been all kinds of fun with poking and sore mouths, etc., but we're getting through it day by day, and things keep getting better.


It looks like at preschool they spend some time gardening, and here's the class at the flower bed.  I believe Grayson really enjoys gardening as he go out and helps Monica at home too.


I think this is one of my favorite pictures of Grayson at preschool we've ever gotten so I had to include it.  There's just something about throwing a frisbee from the top of a slide, I love it.


On my way to the train heading home from work on Thursday I got stopped and asked if I had a few minutes.  It was for a Youtube channel called "Call your Parents."  Essentially I spun a wheel to pick a topic, and had an unknown question.  Then I had to call one of my parents on speaker phone, they would reveal the question, and then I had to ask it.  I got a question that was something like "what have you not come to peace with yet in life," and to be honest, I'm not sure we'll make the cut and get uploaded.  I have been checking every few days, but no luck yet.  We might have been too boring...  No hot gossip here.  But I did still get 50 bucks, so it's at least a good story for here.


Friday evening was the MCO concert for Monica and Winry, and they were incredible!  Brooke and I attended, while Grayson went to play with Terrence.


After the concert, we were able to meet up with Monica and chat for a bit before heading home.  I was thinking we'd get to chat with Winry as well, but they shuttle all the kids off to a room between performances to make sure they keep track of all them. It makes a lot of sense why we weren't able to see her, but it would have been fun to be all together for a bit.


On Saturday morning, Monica and Brooke headed for Bastrop for Brooke's dance competition and I took Winry to a friends birthday party.  Once the party was over, Grayson and I went to get Winry, and then we all headed for Bastrop.  We stopped at Buc-ee's on the way, because everyone loves Buc-ee's and I needed gas.  We didn't make it in time for Brooke's duet, but did get to see both of her company dances.


All of Brooke's dances ended up in the same awards ceremony which was pretty convenient for us timewise for the weekend.


I took Grayson and Winry into the foyer while Monica went to get Brooke, and Grayson was cramming himself in between these posts in the window.  He fit pretty nicely.


And once we were all together and done for the day, we headed to Roadhouse, my favorite, for some burgers before heading back home.  Was it worth the year wait? You bet!


Sunday morning I made picture pancakes for breakfast.  I ended up really liking one from each set of pancakes, so I just stuck all the images together.  I started off with Come Follow Me pancakes and made Moses parting the Red Sea, water from the rock, manna, and Moses holding up his arms to win the battle.  Then the kids were actually awake and picking things like Winry's face, a Royal seed, tulip, Yoshi, a koala, Hedwig, all sorts of things.  I think this is a lot of fun, and we'll maybe have to start doing this every Sunday morning.


And at the very end, I signed my canvas.


I guess the downside to our couch splitting into pieces is that stuff falls in between decently often.  I personally don't have much issue with losing things between the couch, but the kids are often trying to fish things out, and Grayson has gotten pretty good with the fly-swabber.


And break!  We'll catch back up with you next week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment