Hello dear everyone, and welcome to Hawaii! We moseyed on over on a day full of flights on Friday, and Gram and Pop met us at the airport, yay! They brought us leis, and took the girls in their car, so wins all around. We woke up at 4:30 am-ish, and landed around midnight Texas time, but we were all in high spirits and ready to go.
But fret not, there was more to this week than the weekend, such as Jelly sitting in her new chair! Yes, when she's thirsty she'll now sit in the sink until we notice that she's there. Also, this picture reminds me that we found out Jelly has fleas this week. Oh no! And of course right before we headed out of town. Fortunately we just had to pick up medicine form the vet and put it on the back of her neck, and she should be good for 2 months at least, and hopefully they'll actually just be gone for good since she lives indoors. The sink reminded me, because we first caught it because she was leaving what looked like blood spots in the sink. It's from the fleas leaving blood on her paws. Then when she steps in the sink and it gets a little wet, it dissolves and goes on the sink. Hopefully when we got home they'll all be gone!!
I tried my best to finish up the shelves before we left. I got all the way to the last shelf, and then found out that it just didn't fit by like a quarter inch. The problem? I added screws to secure the shelves better, and they stick out the sides just a little, and it was enough across the 4 bookshelves that I got to rip this one apart and cut a little off each shelf...
But things look pretty good inside! If you look close you'll see some places that could use a touch up, but I haven't had a chance to go back and touch up the paint and caulk everything yet. We're also going to do some finishing wood on the front to clean up the whole look, and it should be nice after that.
Jelly went into super-molt a week or so ago. Despite cleaning up hair chunks around the clock, she still ended up with matted fur, so we had to get her shaved. At least she's still soft.
While eating one day, Winry looked over at the jam and saw a chicken on the sidewall. You might think a picture like this would indicate we had a slow week. I guess chickens are just this important to our family now.
Monica collected some green beans from the garden, and noticed a caterpillar in the bowl. We did not end up getting to eat that one.
I mowed the lawn before we left on Thursday evening and saw a little lizard playing on our little play set. I'm glad he was having a good time steering the ship.
Friday was time to head for the airport, and Grayson was super excited. He just loves travel, or maybe he just loves this pink chair. When we got out of our car he said "let's go travelers" and ran off for the shuttle.
Here he is waiting for our flight to LAX, as happy as can be. He was generally very happy the whole time.
We had a decent layover in LA, and we were decently tired from getting up so early. So other than eating, everyone mostly rested while waiting for our next flight.
We're staying on about the opposite side of the island from the airport, oh and we're on Oahu. The nature was very pretty, and inspired a new season of the vlog! So if you're in the vlog family, and remember the red lights, and have been dying for more, we're back!
Half of Grayson's suitcase was packed with essential stuffed animals, as one does. So at bedtime he got ready for a whole slumber party.
Our first morning, we headed to the car to find a giant snail! Monica went with her mom to Costco to get groceries. While they were gone, Pop, the kids and I all went to Temple beach and had some fun in the sun.
I went for a walk with Winry to the beach and we saw several banana trees. Check it out, that's a lot of bananas.
When we got to the beach, we saw kids fishing. People are fishing all over the place, and as we walked up, this kid pulled a cornet fish out of the water. Never seen one of those before.
Sunday after church, we walked around campus a little bit, and then headed out to the Laie point which is a bunch of rocks that jut out into the ocean. The kids loved watching the waves come crashing in.
It was also a pretty good place for a family picture.
Hum...I think some of my pictures got out of order, because I was just around Sunday afternoon, and now we're at a sunrise... The sunrises have been pretty good while we've been here. There's always been some clouds, but that can make it extra fun. Also, I've been waking up at like 4 am so far. I've been sleeping a little later each day, but definitely not on Hawaii time yet, though it's nice to not have to set an alarm and know I'll always be up and ready for whatever we're planning.
Sunday after church we had lunch on campus. Again, not sure what's happened with the ordering... but it's not so crazy that it's really messing things up. Grayson still gives a soft attempt to capture birds. He more tries to stand really close to them. Maybe he'll pet one one day. But I'd say when a bird let's him get really close, he's usually a little hesitant. Plenty of pigeons to play with while eating his sandwich.

















.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment