Sunday, May 5, 2024

Happy Birthday!... ME?!?!?

What a birthday!  Thirty six.  It's definitely an age you can be.  I'm trying to think of something interesting about 36, but nothing comes to mind.  It's like, I'm getting slightly old-ish, and it's not a "big" number.  It is a multiple of 12, so that's something I guess.  Anyway, I had a fun day, and we had a wonderful and HUGE cake that evening with the people I love most!  Look at those cuties clamoring all over me!  What a blessed and lucky life.  And on top of all that there's Monica too!  She's on the other side of the camera, but is just as wonderful.  Who could want anything more?  Brooke also worked on and played Happy Birthday for me on the piano, and I still got presents too!


So after Gram came to visit, the towel she used fell off the hook and apparently Jelly could still smell her on it.  Jelly took several naps on the towel over the day or two before we picked it up for the laundry.


After work one day I went over to meet with everyone at the Eller's neighborhood pool.  We had the reusable water balloons with us and had a really fun time with our water balloon fight.  Monica was the winner because it wasn't THAT hot, and the water was THAT cold, and she didn't get THAT wet.


For my birthday we had lasagna, which was amazing.  But the biggest shocker of dinner was EGGNOG!!  Around Christmas Monica made eggnog and when she did I told her that I would never remember, but if she really wanted to surprise me for my birthday she should make some for me then.  I completely forgot, as I predicted, but she remembered!!  It was awesome.  For my birthday the kids all gave me a basketball hoop, which I guess I don't have a good picture of from my birthday...


We'll come back to the hoop later, but the girls had dance pictures this past week.  Here's Winry in, I believe, her jazz outfit.


And here's Brooke in her ballet outfit.  Monica took some pictures of them while they were getting pictures taken.


They also let them take pictures together, and I liked this one more than the ballet one.


Grayson gave the scripture in primary on Sunday.  I came in to help him with it.  Here he is sitting up front waiting for primary to start.


Sunday afternoon we were out playing in the front yard.  There was some basketball, and some bike riding, and some relaxing.  Grayson found a bike helmet that he REALLY needed.  Looking good.


I was sitting on the back of my car keeping an eye on everyone, and he wanted to come up and join me.  Later all the kids were sitting on the car during my family's call, and I took a picture, but my phone... lost it.  My phone has done that a few times.  I'll take a picture and it'll show it was captured, but then it's just not there when I go look.  It also only happens whenever I don't go check that the picture worked...


While we were out there, Winry did a lot of bike riding in loops around the drive way.


The basketball hoop has a spot for a basketball on the back, and Grayson loves to keep a ball there.  He was also standing on the ball, and I was pretty impressed with his balance.  Also, I don't have any pictures of this, but Brooke and I played some one on one on Saturday, and the loser had to go start Brooke's laundry.  It was a very close game, but I won 5-4.  It's been a lot of fun playing basketball.


It's beetle season here.  Our back door is glass, and at night the bugs get drawn to it due to our lights on inside.  We'll be sitting downstairs and hear bugs flying into the window over and over, and the sound draws Jelly to the window to play with her new friends.


And now you're all caught up!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment