Sunday, August 9, 2026

Emergency LAN Party

Welcome back, it appears everyone had a tiring weekend while I was gone.  They went to a garage sale and Grayson found a Stitch that he absolutely loves.  I'm sure that's what kept everyone going this weekend.  I'm sure you can only imagine from this picture.


I was doing some prep work for a LAN party on Friday night.  Michael, one of our friends out here, is moving to India next week, so we've been trying to get in some last minute activities with them.  I know he really loves the LAN parties, so I had to throw an emergency one for him before he took off.  I sent out a picture of the prize pins to build some hype!


Grayson has been absolutely loving Legos lately, and he's started getting creative with the mini figures.  He made a stack up taller than the castle.  Maybe it's this one, but it also fits on the shelf, so maybe I'd actually knocked some legs off or something.


Brooke went swimming with Kayla this past week.  I'll be honest, I feel like I have no information about this in my mind at all.  I'm going to guess I was at work or something.  Looks like they had fun though.


We went over to the Guerrero's house on Thursday evening for a goodbye party.  There were a lot of people there, and it was fun chatting with everyone.  We took pictures together, but I guess none on my phone... so none to put here.

I've really enjoyed having LAN parties, and I've been bumping the production value as I go.  Last time I did pins and lanyard, and this time I made a stage back drop for doing awards ceremonies.  These were our winners of the Super Smash Ultimate tournament.


I spent a lot of time thinking about games we could play, and I threw in Scorched Earth, which is a DOS game I played way back when I was just a wee child.  I was the only one who'd ever played it before, but I believe everyone had a great time.  I think the favorite game of the night was probably Killer Queen Black.  Everyone was very excited to play, and it was being demanded all night until we finally got to playing it.  It seemed like everyone had a good time, I know I did!


On Saturday morning Grayson had a preview thing at Valor.  The parents went into an information meeting, and it was fine.  And when we came out the kids were all having a great time on the playground.  Grayson made a new friend.  I don't know if she'll be in his class, and I don't know that Grayson got her name, but at least they had fun together.


One of the people I minister to fell through her deck on Friday morning and cut her leg pretty badly.  She got taken to the hospital, and when the news got to me I headed to home depot and got a new board to fix up her deck.  The EQ president came over with me to help out and give me some info for helping feed her pets while she's recovering.  The cut was pretty bad, I saw a picture.  I'm glad they were able to get her taken care of and hope she can recover quickly.


And I think that's all the news for this week.  I hope everyone is doing well!  Till next time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment