Saturday was my 20th high school reunion, and it was awesome! I'm so glad I went. Here's a picture of everyone from my graduating class who came, though I do know I saw a few people who I guess left before we took this picture. It was a pretty good turn out, and I had a lot of fun catching up with so many people. It was a great night to be a Wildcat!
Rolling back to the start of the week, Brooke had a cooking camp this week. She absolutely loved it. They made a wide range of foods, and she said a lot of the kids didn't want to be there and didn't want to help, so she got to be very hands on and cook all week long. Sounds great to me! I think we've got her on the dinner schedule for a night or two next week so we can try some of the stuff she made.
Grayson still loves his shark carwash car track, and it turns out Jelly loves it too. I walked out of our room first thing in the morning, and Jelly walked up and started drinking water from the car track. I guess it tastes better when you know a kids played in it, and dunked their hopefully clean cars in it. Mind you, she almost never drinks from her water bowl, and greatly prefers the sink.
Friday was Harry Potter's birthday, and the library did a big party again. Monica took the kids and they had a splendid time decorating wands, playing games, and dressing up to look so good.
It turns out there was an adults session later in the evening, and so Monica and I headed over for date night. Technically we went out to dinner first, but then to the Harry Potter party. We decorated wands while playing a trivia game.
After the party, we went to a dance at the church that the Spanish branch put on. I would not say I'm an exceptional dancer, but we had a great time. At one point we ended up in a circle and people were getting tagged in one couple at a time to go dance in the middle. When it was our time, we busted out the floss, so, good thing I always have that one in my back pocket!
Saturday morning I headed to the airport and flew to SLC. I didn't take any time off for my reunion, so I just tried to maximize time by heading out first thing Saturday morning. I arrived just in time for my dad to wait for me to drywall Celeste's closet. It didn't take us too long, though, I wasn't staying long enough that I packed extra clothes for getting dirty doing something like this.
Once I cleaned up a little, I headed to meet Jarom at an arcade to play some pinball. I think we tried most of the pinball tables that were available, and Jarom was absolutely destroying these castles. It was a Nickel-cade, and let me just say that you can play pinball for a LONG time when the rates are that cheap! In the end we had to try to burn through the rest of the money on our cards so we weren't late for the reunion.
Back at home, Monica took the kids to Veteran's Memorial Pool. It looks like it was pretty fun, but it must have been super fun. Brooke keeps telling me how badly she wants to go back. There were some floaty platforms under a rope bridge for the kids to cross.
And there were a lot of places to jump in. A high dive, normal slides, and that slide that opens up higher above the pool. It sounds like a blast, so we'll have to make our way over there one Saturday in the near future.
Meanwhile, on Saturday night I was wandering the halls of Woods Cross High. I got to catch up with a lot of old friends, and then Jarom, Maren and I with a few others took a tour around the school to see how much it had changed. For the most part they'd re-done almost all the school. I really appreciated this spot in the hallway. On my left was all the newly redone classrooms, etc. and on my right, everything exactly as I remembered it. I'm actually really glad we had the reunion at the high school.
I flew back home Sunday afternoon. My flight got delayed, so I did a little exploring in the airport and found this awesome dinosaur!
There was also a cool art exhibit of these birds at the end of the terminal. It was really cool to walk under them, as they'd change between clear and colorful as you walked around.













No comments:
Post a Comment