Happy Birthday Monica!!! Her birthday was on Sunday this year, so the partying was a bit more subdued than usual. We did have the Packers over for dinner and cake in the evening though. And we all sang happy birthday and enjoyed Monica's cake!
Rolling back in the week, Brooke was eating some Milk Duds and lost her last baby tooth. She took one chew and it came right out of there. I finished her Milk Duds for her, just to make sure she didn't lose any more teeth.
Brooke made a fancy domino wall. I think the most impressive thing about this is that she made it in the evening, and I didn't trip over it ever in the dark when I got up to go to the bathroom in the morning, etc. It was still there for her to knock down the next day (unless Grayson got there first...)
Oh, Monica and I did most of our anniversary celebrations over last weekend, but on Monday we did swap gifts. I gave Monica a Ninja Creami, which is an ice cream maker. And she gave me a new GoPro! The one I had my eye on is a 360 camera, which means it shoots in all directions at once. Then, with their app you can pick an object to follow and export a regular video from the 360 one, or, you can do full sphere photos/videos. We had people over to play some Dungeons and Dragons on... Tuesday?, and I thought it would be the perfect time to try out my camera. So here we all are sitting around the table.
Jelly was enjoying a soft pillow in our room, and I decided to come enjoy it too. I try not to bug her too much since my goal really is to lay next to her, but I guess my presence warranted something this day, and she stuck her tail over my forehead to keep me at bay! It worked.
Saturday found me in the backyard tidying up the lawn. I say tidying because it's been so dry that there hasn't been much need for mowing, though there are long spots here and there. Right next to the planter beds things are doing fine. I'm guessing it's the extra shade, and the extra water that leaks out the bottom. Anyway, I walked around the lawn with the weedwhacker to take care of things, and along the planter bed I found a frog.
Sunday was the day of days. It was Monica's day! Just check out this amazing gift with that awesome candle.
The kids and Jelly went all out for Monica, and I scrapped through. She got a cool purse, a Clue advent calendar, new pots and pans, travel laundry bags, and a hug. Freaking sweet.
Jelly did her part to not cause chaos and keep things calm for Monica's birthday and just took a nap all afternoon. Thanks for doing your part Jelly.
Along came the fun new camera for cake with the Packers. I made fajitas for dinner and we all had a good time together. Oh look at that, the ice cream came from the Creami too!
Sunday night Grayson also lost a tooth. In reflection, maybe I should have pulled one of Winry's so she wouldn't be left out. It feels like Monica and I are the only people in this house trying to keep our teeth. He left it out in the light of his dino lamp to make it easy for the tooth fairy to find it. I believe this is the second tooth he's lost.
And that's a wrap on the week. Tune in next week!











No comments:
Post a Comment