Sunday, August 30, 2026

Super Saturday Service

I do usually like to pull a picture that goes with the title up for the first image, but this week I just want to let things play out as they did.  We'll kick things off with some bookshelf progress. I got some of the front trim pieces painted and put up, which  means I was able to measure the size for three of them and get them cut.  We're getting close!


On Thursday I got a call from Monica while at work that the garage door wouldn't open.  One of the springs snapped!  This means she couldn't get the van out of the garage, so she wouldn't be able to pick up Grayson in a few hours.  I headed straight back for home.  I made it just in time for a bus (the train is not running this week, so there is a bus replacement) and the bus drove straight past the stop full of waiting people... so after a half our on the support line, I ended up having to take an Uber.  I made it home in time that I actually came and manually opened the door and Monica was able to go get Grayson, but we're currently "car in the driveway" people.


I believe I was taking a picture of Monica with Jelly as it related to the conversation we were having at the time somehow.  Jelly does look cute, so maybe it was just to get two cuties.  Well, it turns out that when you say "smile" my phone will take a picture.  You know, a nice hands free option so you can set down your phone and get a group picture or something.  Unfortunately, me saying "smile" was me telling Monica to get ready for the picture, and I got this sweet gem instead!


On Saturday there was a stake service down at Cedar Park high school to clear tree limbs, etc. off the cross country path.  There were lots of people there helping, and the kids did an amazing job.  They were having a lot of fun unloading trailers, and hauling branches over to the pile.


While we did all have a great time, it was very hot and hard work.  We drank lots of water, until we ran out. and the kids were very hot and tired after around 2 hours, so we headed home.  That's a lot of service for a 5 year old!


After a little lunch, we went to Jeremiah's to help cool off.  Yum!  I still stand by it, we've never had a bad time at Jeremiah's, and today was no exception.  Oh, and Monica was at a baby shower, so she missed out on all the fun.


On Sunday, I headed into the backyard to pick a very lovely tomato that was very high up, and saw Fatty-body on the railing.  That is the name the kids have given to this lizard.  We have 2 named lizards in our yard.  I think one is Lizzy, but the bigger one is Fatty-body, a truly great name!  Also, he doesn't spook easily, because I walked up and down the stairs within feet of him.  He was definitely watching me walk by, so maybe he would have ran if it looked like I was coming for him, but generally he seemed pretty nonplussed by the whole situation.


And that's a wrap on this week.  With school back in, and us not being on vacation, it does seem like I don't have quite as much to write about in here each week.  I'm grateful for that.  Sometimes it's hard to keep going through long post after long post, and it's nice to have a quicker week like this.  Phew!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment