Sunday, May 24, 2026

A week of Things

As I looked over the pictures from this past week I just couldn't think of an over-riding theme to the week, nor did one of these events really stand out over the others.  The school year is winding down. This week that was only seen in some final preparations, like Winry's dance class practicing for the recital as can be seen below.


We also had a decent storm early on in the week, and our basketball hoop didn't take it too well.  To be fair, this is not the first time it fell over, and it looks like the rim could only take two falls before breaking.  Not too surprising as it was pretty bent up the first time.


While we were having dinner one night, Grayson was telling us that the honeydew melon hurt his tooth.  My mind immediately went to a cavity or something, but a few bites later he said "hey! I lost my tooth!"  The  melon took it right out.  And then he wouldn't finish that piece because it got a little blood on it.  The story was so great that he had to share it with someone, so Monica and I started trying to get someone on the phone and succeeded at the same time.


As summer is on the way, we've started swim lessons for Grayson and Winry.  Monica tested everyone at the pool and Brooke still remembered how.  Once we're all champion swimmers, we set a goal to try to swim across our neighborhood pool in one go, so we'll have to practice our strokes this summer.


I spent Saturday doing more than I should have.  I woke up feeling a bit sick, but not too bad.  Things have been going through the house for the last two weeks or so with various people being sick and Grayson getting pink eye from school and giving it to Brooke.  Anyway, since I was feeling sick I skipped my run, and instead did yardwork from when I woke up till sometime after noon.  I think the real killer task was actually trying to rake all of the leaves out of the front yard so we could put down more seed.  The tree just has small, little leaves that have worked their way into the base of the grass. You just rake and rake and rake and they're still there. But I got two bags of leaves out.  I saved my indoor work for the afternoon when it was hot, and I finished up the cabinets.  I was going to buy wood and start on the bookshelves, but when we looked at the shelving at Lowes it was not what Monica wanted. I didn't have time to run to Home Depot, so maybe next week?


Grayson's dream for the last few days has been for his lizard to be able to pull his mylar balloon across the room.  I guess really it's pulling the weight on the end of the string, and he got it to work. YES! Very exciting Sunday morning.


Oh, I woke up Sunday with gunky eyes. I guess I got pink eye from the kids, so I stayed home from church.  Probably better not to take it to my primary class, right?  Just before church, Grayson's new bed came 4 days early. So while everyone was at church I listened to conference and put it together.  It sounded like a not-to-stressful afternoon, but I think I was a bit sicker than I realized and it was quite hard work to get it all done.  But Grayson was so excited when he got home from church!  I wasn't quite finished in time, but got it done quickly and he was climbing around his new bed all afternoon.


We're at the point where we're starting to get stuff from our garden, and Jelly kind of likes our green beans.  She's usually very uninterested in any of our food, other than salmon, but almost nibbled on a green bean and enjoyed playing with it for a little while.

And that's a wrap on the week.  Hopefully I'm feeling fantastic tomorrow, as we're going to Blue Hole with the Packers.  Oh, also, we'll see in the morning about me having pink eye. After I cleaned up my eye this morning, I thought it looked totally normal all day... so I didn't go to urgent care today but will tomorrow if it's back...  Only time will tell!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment