What? It's my birthday? Already?... oh. Well, better make the most of it! And peanut butter cake is back! Monica can eat peanuts again. Not that she wasn't willing to make it before, but I prefer to pick something we can all eat.
Rewinding, this is... a picture. I think they're comparing their similar bangs. No, it's not really that... oh! I finally remembered by using the next picture. Grayson's school had a "pastries with parents" style event that we all went to, and Monica was smart enough to get a picture.
Don't worry, we didn't forget to get a picture of Grayson with Lincoln. At least we have all the important pictures.
On Friday evening, Monica had a Relief Society activity, so Grayson and I picked up pizza on our way to get Winry, and then stopped by the church to give Monica some things she forgot. We took advantage of being out and had dinner in the back of the van. I don't know why, but I really enjoy eating in the back of the car with the door open when the weather isn't too hot.
I started off my birthday as one does, driving over to Round Rock Donuts and picking up a dozen donuts. When I got back, we had some picture pancakes for breakfast. Then I headed out for my morning run with Connor, who was 10 miles into his run. We did a preparation run for our 5k next week, which is to say we ran a mile and a half, and then split the dozen donuts and finished our 5k. We've got to eat a full dozen next week, but the training run went surprisingly well.
Once I was cleaned up, we headed to Pinballz for family fun. We had a great time. The super cool air hockey table was working again and Grayson had to try it since he missed out last time we came. Monica and Winry played a round too.
On my list of must do things was to play a round of mini bowling. We realized we could pull up the bumpers about half way through, and Grayson started having a much better time after that. He was always so excited to hit pins, but would get pretty annoyed if he threw gutter balls and wanted to quit just before I noticed the bumpers. Anyway, we had a fantastic time. After that, we let everyone pick something they wanted to play. This included Luigi's Mansion, ski ball, a claw machine and a round of pinball for everyone. I played a Jurassic Park table and I think had the best game of pinball on a real table (i.e. not digital) of my life!
The weather cleared up on Saturday, but it was still pretty cool. It rained all day Friday and through the night. Originally I thought we might go to the creek or a hike. It was too cold to get in water somewhere, and I think all the trails would have been muddy, so we played some backyard kickball instead.
For dinner we tried an Italian place called Dough It Up, and it was very good. Everyone even ate food from the restaurant, like, including Grayson! It was a big deal.
We realized when we got home that Winry forgot her water bottle at the restaurant, so I drove back to get it. This gave everyone some time to wrap presents, etc.
The kids practiced a lovely birthday song for me, and if you think that means Winry practiced Happy Birthday on the piano and they all sang it, you're quite wrong! But this was better, especially for the shock factor when they got started.
In Monica's primary class they built a tabernacle. Looks like a fun time!
Jelly continues to need her weekly dose of grass. If she hasn't been outside for a little bit she increasingly tries to get out of the house and you just gotta let her chomp for a bit. Yum!
And that's a wrap on our week. A very fun birthday indeed.













No comments:
Post a Comment