Sunday, May 17, 2026

Grayson Graduates Preschool!

Hello from preschool graduation, with the spotlight on Grayson as he walked to take his place on the stage.  Look at that smile, that confidence, those pandy-the-poo-pooh crocs.  Perfection!


The graduation was pretty fun, and the kids had several songs and poems they performed in between a few speakers.  It was a lot of fun to go, and I always have enjoyed going to events at preschool, but this one was a little sad.  You could tell the director of the school was very sad to have to say goodbye to another year of children, but the kids had a good time, and it was fun to see Grayson get a diploma.


We got Winry out of school so that we could all attend together, yay!


Grayson got a balloon at graduation, and pretty quickly accidentally got it off the string and to the ceiling.  Unfortunately, Brooke took a picture at the start and end of the action instead of a video. But Monica used the leaf blower on a ladder to scoot the balloon out of the living room and into the play room upstairs (we did get the second chance video over the stairs).


On Friday night, Valor had a family dance in the evening, and I took Winry.  Grayson didn't want to go, and Brooke had dance, or else we all would have gone. But Winry and I had a great time.  First we ate some dinner together.


And then we stopped at the treat stand and got some cake pops that were very good.


And danced the rest of the night away.  Winry found Macy there and they had a lot of fun dancing together.  They kids had learned line dances at school in preparation for the dance too, and Winry taught one of them to me.  We had a lot of fun dancing the night away.


On Saturday, I took Brooke and Grayson to Target so that Brooke could get a present for Robin, whose birthday party she was going to that night. While we were there, we checked out the Switch 2 kiosk.  Of the 15 games or so available, Grayson picked... Mario Wonder, the game we have!  But to be fair it was the upgraded Switch 2 version, and he did get to play some new stuff he hadn't seen before.


On Saturday, we noticed that Grayson appears to have pink eye!  He picked it up from school, we'll call it a graduation present.  Anyway, he was pretty worried Saturday night because we told him he needed to wash his hands if he touched his eyes so he wouldn't spread it to everyone else. So he kept coming out every 5 minutes to wash his hands... We told him he'd be okay to just sleep, and I guess he didn't want to get his stuffed animals sick either... cause he fell asleep on the floor.  I guess I could have also made a joke that toddler to twin wasn't big enough...


Some exciting news from the weekend though is that Grayson has started to read!  He's been doing some learning to read lessons and getting good at blending the sounds together. He pulled it all together this weekend and has been chugging through his books!  That means we had Grayson start riding a bike, move to a bigger bed, graduate from preschool AND learn to read all in a week!  Oh my goodness, grow up a little slower please!

Well, Sunday morning Grayson wasn't going to church due to pink eye, and Brooke woke up sick, so it was just Winry and I heading to church.  I had to be there as I was giving a talk in sacrament meeting, and teaching in primary.  My talk went well, and Winry and I had a good time at church.  However, in the afternoon, Grayson's ear started to hurt, so it seems like he's getting an ear infection. I'm sure that will lead to a restful evening... I hope the upcoming week goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment